Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P300 Range Rover Velar announced
https://www.velarownersclub.com/news/ingenium-p300/

Its showing on the configurator starting at £54620 which is £2500 more than the equivalent P250.
A little disappointed about this I have to admit. Got a locked down order on the P250 and think I would have been interested in this new engine. Knew it was coming but was kind of hoping it would have been a year or so before it was released!
Him - so according to the online configurator and the 360 degree image the back of the car looks different on the P300 model. This is not a different engine though is it, its just a £2.5k remap?

I wouldn't be too concerned about your model being locked down from what I have heard - I certainly think this warrants a conversation with the dealer - I'll be asking the following questions over the next couple of days:

1. What is the current position regarding the production line and therefore the validity of the lock down order date?
2. Based on the fact all decisions were made based on information presented by at the time, has anything changed, i.e. when will this engine be available?
3. What are JLR going to do to offer its loyal 1st customers the choice to change model either before, or post delivery of orders, i.e. can we get out of one model and into another bearing in mind we have 6 month strangle clauses in our contracts, or will JLR remap early order cars at a point in time FOC?

and:

4. What will the announcement and availability of this engine do to residual values, whilst this might be more expensive up front what calculations are JLR going to do re finance and therefore what will the impact be on monthly payments. - you could end up paying same / less if the residual is higher on the P300.
Hi
Spoke to the dealer - partial answer to my questions below:
1. my order was put back to the 27/10 as a result of my wheel change (see other thread on that debacle) I have until late Aug to change spec and could change engine to the P300.
2. Given the engine is on the www you can order it now.
3. understood my question but had no answers - no surprise. Also the finance calculator works for the P250 a the end of the configurator but not for the P300 so makes making a choice hard. It is just a remap though and a different rear bumper, also questioning a slightly different exhaust config around the cat as the P300 is slightly heavier by a few kgs.
4. No info available just yet.
Thanks for the update. You're right it does smack a bit of a rip off for what, like you say, is a remap. The least they could do is throw in air suspension like they do on the D300 to sweeten the deal a little bit.

Hope you come to a decision you are happy with, might be worth a phone call to a finance company such as Oracle Finance if your in the UK to see what they say about the finance. When I called them back in March they reckoned they could shave around 100 quid off the monthly payment against Land Rover. Nothing in writing though as it was a bit early for them. But certainly worth the phone call.
(06-07-2017, 10:55 AM)JTA_37 Wrote: Him - so according to the online configurator and the 360 degree image the back of the car looks different on the P300 model. This is not a different engine though is it, its just a £2.5k remap?

I wouldn't be too concerned about your model being locked down from what I have heard - I certainly think this warrants a conversation with the dealer - I'll be asking the following questions over the next couple of days:

1. What is the current position regarding the production line and therefore the validity of the lock down order date? Volume Pills | Hersolution Gel | Male Extra | SizeGenetics | Vigrx Plus
2. Based on the fact all decisions were made based on information presented by at the time, has anything changed, i.e. when will this engine be available?
3. What are JLR going to do to offer its loyal 1st customers the choice to change model either before, or post delivery of orders, i.e. can we get out of one model and into another bearing in mind we have 6 month strangle clauses in our contracts, or will JLR remap early order cars at a point in time FOC?

and:

4. What will the announcement and availability of this engine do to residual values, whilst this might be more expensive up front what calculations are JLR going to do re finance and therefore what will the impact be on monthly payments. - you could end up paying same / less if the residual is higher on the P300.

These are the financial things which you can't describe but FOC are noticing each and every point of making the dealer 
tHE