Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deposit paid!
So I'm very excited to say that I've placed an order for a new Velar.
Very much looking forward to taking delivery.  My Spec as it stands at
the moment :-

Velar HSE P250
Corris Grey with black roof rails
Light Oyster Leather
Privacy Glass
Digital TV

Things i'm torn between:-
Engine
- Not sure whether to change to 3.0 Diesel to gain better mpg and Air
Suspension. If i did that though i'd have to drop to SE spec to keep it
in budget!
Pan roof - Have it on the current car and like it but dont know whether its worth the cash - apparently good at resale though.

Any comments welcome!
Quote: glenden said:

Velar HSE P250
Light Oyster Leather
Privacy Glass
Digital TV

Engine
in budget!
Pan roof - Have it on the current car and like it but dont know whether its worth the cash - apparently good at resale though.

Any comments welcome!
Congratulations @glenden cracking spec! Look forward to seeing you at the dealership on collection day :-)

I have a work colleague who is off to Solihull on Saturday for a Velar day - no such offer made its way to me.
Congrats @glenden. corris Grey will look amazing!
Congrats glenden! Very nice sounding car!

Whether this helps or not I'm not sure, but I happened to be on a frequently advertised car buying service to see how much they would give me for my evoque.

Whilst the valuation made me cry it was interesting to see that the only option they seemed to be interested in the car having was the pan roof! I didn't try both options to see how it affected the valuation, ill try it later and give you an update.
Thanks guys - soooo looking forward to it. Cheers for the info Velar, i didnt realise that abot the pan roof. I think i'll probably add it to the spec come lock down.
Quote: JTA_37 said:
<blockquote class="Quote">
<div class="QuoteAuthor">glenden said:

Velar HSE P250
Light Oyster Leather
Privacy Glass
Digital TV

Engine
in budget!

Any comments welcome!
Congratulations @glenden cracking spec! Look forward to seeing you at the dealership on collection day :-)

I have a work colleague who is off to Solihull on Saturday for a Velar day - no such offer made its way to me.</div>
</blockquote>Thanks JTA 37 I'll be the one with the school boy cheesy grin and a bored looking missus more than likely! No Solihull visit for me either, gutted. But I'm told they will have one to view for a day or so in Farnell's in May, so i may see you there also!
Oh no! I've just noticed this - http://www.velarownersclub.com/news/p300...-revealed/

Back to the drawing board with the spec!
(02-04-2017, 10:19 AM)glenden Wrote: Oh no! I've just noticed this - http://www.velarownersclub.com/news/p300...-revealed/

Back to the drawing board with the spec!

I'm not convinced to be honest, if the 250 engine specs are to be believed then 6.4seconds for the 0 - 62 time is very respectable and certainly not slow off the blocks - it is a 4x4 after all. There is a question on whether this will change other items of the spec (although I doubt it).
Absolutely, I'm the same and will probably stick with the current spec. With the traffic in this country, the opportunity for 0-60 sprints is virtually zero! Plus I'm a bit old for all that these days! Angel