Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connectivity Issues (USA, AT&T)
I've had my Velar for just a week (and I love it) but I'm frustrated by the data connection.  I frequently get no connection errors and cannot get real-time traffic updates.  The apps are also painfully slow to connect for remote start or the other features.   Is anyone else experiencing these issues?  Is there a way to switch carriers if AT&T is to blame?  I see the SIM card is replaceable, and I'd gladly pay to be able to use a better wireless carrier.
Just had mine delivered this evening. Am tied up with family wedding over the next week but will test as I can and let you know what I find out. Maybe we can exchange helpful info.
The dealership that I purchased my Velar from has an IT consultant for questions regarding the car.  I emailed him a similar question and got this response:

"Regarding your current questions, the navigation account is a different account then the Incontrol Remote account you have already set up and can be set up using the navigation screen. Unfortunately you can only use AT&T as the provider for internet connection in the vehicle. It is free for 3 months or 3 GBs worth of data which ever comes first. Once that trial is over you have the option of signing up for a unlimited plan through AT&T for $20 a month."

Maybe AT&T pays a fee to Land Rover in order to be the exclusive data provider for their vehicles.
(09-10-2017, 08:21 PM)pjnewman Wrote: I have a t-mobile SIM card installed in mine right now. It works great, actually seems to be faster than the At&t card.

The dealership that I purchased my Velar from has an IT consultant for questions regarding the car.  I emailed him a similar question and got this response:

"Regarding your current questions, the navigation account is a different account then the Incontrol Remote account you have already set up and can be set up using the navigation screen. Unfortunately you can only use AT&T as the provider for internet connection in the vehicle. It is free for 3 months or 3 GBs worth of data which ever comes first. Once that trial is over you have the option of signing up for a unlimited plan through AT&T for $20 a month."

Maybe AT&T pays a fee to Land Rover in order to be the exclusive data provider for their vehicles.