Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car finance broker
Hi 

Been looking at the finance options for the new Velar. Have looked at the Land Rover offering, but it seems quite an expensive option compared to the banks.

Had a chat with Oracle Finance who seemed to think they could better both the interest rate and the residual value on the PCP over Land Rover.

Has anybody had any experience of using a finance broker?
I'd be interested in this as well. I went with Land Rover (Black Horse) last time and they are perfectly fine but hardly competitive. The only time it seems to make sense is when there is a finance contribution available.

I should imagine many years will pass before that sort of thing will be available on the Velar.
(01-05-2017, 06:15 PM)Velar Wrote: I'd be interested in this as well. I went with Land Rover (Black Horse) last time and they are perfectly fine but hardly competitive. The only time it seems to make sense is when there is a finance contribution available.

I should imagine many years will pass before that sort of thing will be available on the Velar.

Around Feb time when I put my Velar deposit down I sold my M3, when I paid off the finance BMW, who were perfectly good, advised that they finance any vehicle and not just BMW's and would do their best to beat any quote for future vehicles.

All we really need to do is get a bit of competition going and we customers will be better off :-)
Wow that's interesting, I've never realised that. Thanks for sharing that info JTA_37

I think when the dealer gets in touch to firm up specs i'm going to start some serious ringing around of the finance companies. The Velar will be by far the most expensive car i've financed so even a small drop in APR is worthwhile.

I also signed up to a Halifax current account which apparently gives to access to their Car PCP Plan after 3 months, if that works their rate is 3.3% representative. That's only part of it though as the monthly payment depends a lot on the Guaranteed Minimum Future Values, which seem to be a bit up in the air at the moment on the Velar.
Brilliant guys thanks. I'll look into those and let you know what oracle say closer to the time.