Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto Start/Stop feature
Hello All,
I am not a fan of the auto start/stop feature found on the Velar.  My first experience with this was in a BMW 535i back in 2013.  It was the same situation where the start/stop feature defaulted to being activated.  You could turn it off but you have to do that EVERY time you start the car.  At first the BMW dealer stated that they couldn't reprogram it.  Then 2 months later things changed for some unknown reason and they were willing and able to reprogram it so that it remembers whatever the last setting was.  This is the way it should be, not force the OWNER to have to change it each time you start your car.

Unfortunately, Land Rover has taken the position that they are unwilling to reprogram this feature and force anyone who prefers not to have this feature activated, to turn if off every time you start your car.

I'm amazed and frustrated.  Anyone else feel the same?

Thanks,

Scott
(30-05-2018, 08:33 AM)Scott Jones Wrote: Hello All,
I am not a fan of the auto start/stop feature found on the Velar.  My first experience with this was in a BMW 535i back in 2013.  It was the same situation where the start/stop feature defaulted to being activated.  You could turn it off but you have to do that EVERY time you start the car.  At first the BMW dealer stated that they couldn't reprogram it.  Then 2 months later things changed for some unknown reason and they were willing and able to reprogram it so that it remembers whatever the last setting was.  This is the way it should be, not force the OWNER to have to change it each time you start your car.

Unfortunately, Land Rover has taken the position that they are unwilling to reprogram this feature and force anyone who prefers not to have this feature activated, to turn if off every time you start your car.

Thanks,

Scott

Hello Scott, 

1st LR purchase for me, only been a month since purchase, and yes, auto start/stop has been a pain in my neck!  I even tried to switch into neutral right before stopping to see if that prevented it from turning off, but, no luck there.  If anyone has a solution, please share it.  Thanks!

Jon
[quote pid='186' dateline='1527875689']
(30-05-2018, 08:33 AM)Scott Jones Wrote: Hello All,

Thanks,

Scott

Hello Scott, 

1st LR purchase for me, only been a month since purchase, and yes, auto start/stop has been a pain in my neck!  I even tried to switch into neutral right before stopping to see if that prevented it from turning off, but, no luck there.  If anyone has a solution, please share it.  Thanks!

Jon
[/quote]
Hello Scott and All, 
The auto start/stop has automatically disabled itself when it learnt that it is being driven in the city with many stops.  I have had my 380 R Dynamic for 6 months and this is what I found.
Kay.
The 2 Evoques I had prior to the Velar had s/s. Unless there was a load on the battery or it was undercharged then the s/s came on automatically. I think this is something you have to accept these days like DPFs and ad blue.
2018 R Dynamic S Firenze red with contrast roof and black pack. Prior to that 2 Evoques